This Agreement is effective immediately when you register as a participant in the 25th AFID Virtual Conference organized by PAFID in collaboration with AFID. By registering for the 25th AFID conference you agree to comply with these terms and conditions from this webpage and are governed by the contractual relationship between you and conference organizers. Please read this document carefully.
English will be the official language of the conference. Please follow the guidelines provided in the Call for Paper page. Sign Language Interpreters will be present in all sessions.
To register for the conference, you must acknowledge and accept the Terms & Conditions. Registration is considered as a form of acceptance for the Terms & Conditions of the 25th AFID Virtual Conference.
- The conference organizers, PAFID with AFID are committed to the Data Privacy Law and to protect your personal information. The 25th AFID Virtual Conference organizers will only collect information and credentials necessary for your registration to be processed.
- Credit card, debit card and bank details will be confidential. Submitting your registration will allow the conference organizers to share the name, phone number and email address provided during the conference registration process, and hereby agree that the conference sponsors and partners may send you conference-related information. A valid email address is required for all registrants.
- Administering your participation in the conference whether as a presenter or a participant, the conference organizers will use the personal data you provided and share relevant information about the conference’s content, logistics, payment and any other additional information related to the conference.
- The 25th AFID Virtual Conference organizers may disclose your personal data to third party service providers affiliated with the organizers to assist the conduct of the conference (e.g. online conference platform, technology company, online conference technology partner). Information you provide while registering or participating in a conference managed or co-sponsored by parties, may be shared with those parties and the treatment of such information is further subject to the privacy policies. Except as described herein, the 25th AFID Virtual Conference organizers will not disclose your personal data to any other third party without your consent except where required to do so by law.
The 25th AFID Virtual Conference organizers are strong advocates of inclusion and are against discrimination, harassment and bullying on basis of gender identity, sexual and affectual orientation, marital status, political affiliation, race, ancestry, color, national origin, religion, disability or handicap, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Committed to providing a safe, productive and welcoming environment, we have zero tolerance policy for discrimination, harassment, or bullying of any form towards any participants, staffs and vendors. Participants are expected to adhere to these principles and respect the rights of others.
In consideration of being allowed to register and participate in the 25th AFID Virtual Conference, you as participant hereby confirm that you are aged 18 or above. Each registrants hereby irrevocably waives and release the 25th AFID Virtual Conference organizers, board members and agents from any expense, loss, property damage including but not limited to COVID-19, disability, property damage, or property theft or actions of any kind that you may hereafter suffer or sustain before, during, or after the conference, unless said expense, loss, damage, personal injury, including loss of life, illness, disability, property damage or property theft or actions of any kind is caused by the sole, gross negligence of the conference organizers. This Liability Waiver and Release is specifically binding upon the attendees, and therefore you should knowingly give consent to it’s legal bindings.
If you agree to speak at the conference, this means you allow us to share your contact and biographical information with conference attendees and this may require you to provide us with a photograph. We will be posting your personal information such as your name, employer, physical work address, work email address, as well as a link to your work website and/or professional LinkedIn account and other social media accounts to be made available on the conference website. Conference attendees and other speakers can contact you and ask for more information and feedback if needed. Additionally, speakers may be asked to complete a release agreement or copyright form prior to their presentation.
The 25th AFID Virtual Conference sponsors, advocacy and technology partners, vendors/exhibitors may request use of your information to their virtual exhibit booths or presentations. You should review their privacy policies to directly address particular concerns about use of such personal information.
The virtual conference venue is designed to grant access to all virtual rooms for plenary and concurrent sessions, virtual exhibits, poster presentations and chatrooms for inquiry. Which means in registering to this conference, you allow the organizers to provide your conference credentials to the sponsor, partners and exhibitors.
- The 25th AFID Virtual Conference organizers impose certain restrictions on the use of multimedia during the conference sessions (e.g. photography/screenshot, video, audio, online streaming, and all future mediums). An attendee is permitted to use hand-held cameras and/or smart phones to take photographs/screenshots and capture digital images for personal, non-commercial use, on a condition that the material is not disruptive.
- Captured Audio, Visual or Video materials may not be commercially exploited, published, sold, reproduced, transmitted or distributed.
- The conference organizers have their technology partner, Therap Global who assists organizations in providing better care for Persons with Disabilities by maintaining privacy, easily available records and enhancing communication with employees and family members. Therap Global is helping AFID through it’s virtual conference platform called Therap Conference Center. PAFID with AFID and other organizers use Facebook as its official social media platform and to:
- Post real-time photographs and videos captured for its social media feeds.
- Display selected submissions from those feeds on monitors throughout the conference.
- Allow attendees and sponsors to capture their conference experiences and post their own social content from the conference (text, photos, audio, video, streaming), as long as no infringement of the rights of any other attendee, sponsor, third party, or THE 25TH AFID CONFERENCE VIRTUAL ORGANIZERS. Infringement includes, but not limited to the following:
- Defamation or infringement of intellectual property rights.
- Attendees are required to provide a release or consent/permission to protect the rights of a third party.
- Obtaining such a release or permission should be the sole responsibility of the attendee.
- By attending the conference, you acknowledge and agree to the following:
- For marketing and promotional activities and for any other lawful purpose in conjunction with their services and businesses, THE 25TH AFID CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS including the sponsors, advocacy and technology partners, exhibitors and donors, may use their captured footages during the conference.
- THE 25TH AFID CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS disclaims all liability for the captured materials in any multimedia format by other attendees at the conference.
The 25TH AFID VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS impose limits on recording the proceedings of the conference. Participants’ or observers’ use of audio recording, video recording and photographs are restricted, among other things.
Participants of a standards development meeting are required to adhere to THE 25TH AFID VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS’ Standards Board Operations Manual 184.108.40.206.
THE 25TH AFID VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ORGANIZERS reserve the rights without prior notice, to change or amend any of the above Terms & Conditions. If any of the conditions become invalid, the remaining conditions will remain effective. These Terms and Conditions apply to all conference participants (attendees, speakers, etc.)
Philippines Association for Intellectual Disabilities (PAFID), Inc.
Room 226, Legislative Wing, Quezon City Hall,
Quezon City Philippines
Dr. Teresita G. De Mesa
Phone Nos.: +63 9171657840; +63 9177932475
Ms. Kimberly C. De Alban
Phone Nos.: +63 9778440075; +63 9496111871
Korean Association on Intellectual & Developmental Disabilities (KAIDD)
07236 4F E-room Center,
22 Uisadang-daero, Yeongdeungpo-gu,
Tel : + 82-2-52-5023 (4)
Fax : + 82-2-592-5026